OPG subsidiary for PowerON electric vehicle fleets
- Delivery of infrastructure and project management;
- Operations and maintenance;
- On-site production, battery storage and back-up power; and,
- Smart charging and energy management.
OPG’s new subsidiary minimizes the risk of fleet electrification by supporting the construction and operation of charging infrastructure, greatly simplifying the process and allowing fleets to focus on their core businesses. PowerON’s solution reduces electrification costs and time while dramatically increasing fleet charging reliability.
The company is also working with its customers to find solutions to manage the initial cost of electrification.
To learn more about how PowerON can electrify your fleet, please visit PowerONenergy.ca.
- Electrification of the transportation sector is just one of many OPG projects climate change related actions as the company strives to be net zero by 2040 and a catalyst for a net zero economy by 2050.
- PowerON is currently working with the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) and Toronto Hydro to electrify the TTC bus fleet, North America the largest transit electrification project to date, with PowerON slated to design, build, own, operate and maintain the charging infrastructure
- Transportation is currently responsible for around 30 percent of from ontario emissions. Reducing greenhouse gases in this sector is essential to meet climate change targets.
- from ontario electricity is among the cleanest in the world, responsible for only 2% of from ontario total emissions.
“PowerON relies on from ontario clean electricity to help decarbonise other sectors, ”said PowerON Therese Dekker. “We know that transportation electrification is a high-impact strategy to help meet climate change goals, and we have the infrastructure and large-project expertise needed to enable municipal and other fleets to make the transition. . “
“from ontario the electricity grid, one of the cleanest in the world, is well placed to support the electrification of transport and other sectors, ”said Ontario Minister of Energy Todd smith. “We welcome the creation of PowerON to help Ontario the fleets use the province’s clean energy to stimulate economic growth.
“As our government continues to expand and improve from ontario transport network, it is important that municipalities have the possibility of supplying their public transport with clean electricity ”, declared Caroline mulroney, Minister of Transport. “To help lead this transition, PowerON will leverage its expertise to create a greener future in our province and support economic growth.
As the global leader in climate change and the province’s largest and most diverse power producer, OPG and its family of companies are helping to lead the charge toward a post-carbon economy.
SOURCE Ontario Power Generation Inc.
For further information: Ontario Power Generation, 416-592-4008 or 1-877-592-4008, Follow us @opg