StreamElements Creator Diversity Program Returns to Help Underrepresented Streamers
In 2020, in an effort to strengthen the voices and creative talents of marginalized groups on Twitch, StreamElements launched the Creator Diversity Program. It enlisted streamers and content creators from people of color (PoC), LGBTQIA +, women and communities with disabilities to help, support and mentor them in strengthening their channels and presence on Twitch, by sharing their creative visions with a wider audience. Now, the CDP program is expected to return in 2021 with the opening of applications, and with recent funding from StreamElements, it is expected to come back bigger than ever.
StreamElements announced the 2021 Creator Diversity Program in a press release of October 6, 2021 with the opening of applications on the same day. The Creator Diversity Program helps Twitch streamers from under-represented groups with mentoring, hardware and software purchases, and additional support to boost their channels. Additionally, this year, StreamElements has partnered with Razer to deliver the latter’s streaming and streaming product suite to help configure the streams of people accepted.
🏳️🌈Today we’re announcing StreamElements’ 2021 Creator Diversity Program and applications are now open!
We learned a lot from last year’s program to make it even better, so click on the link for more details.
h / t at @Razer for streaming material
– StreamElements (@StreamElements) October 6, 2021
Applications are Open now for the StreamElements Creator Diversity 2021 program and 15 applicants will be accepted into the program. There are some entry criteria as follows:
- Be a member of an under-represented group (for example, Black, PoC, Women, LGBTQ + or People with disabilities).
- Have at least 1,000 subscribers on one of the following platforms to be eligible: Twitch, YouTube or Facebook Gaming.
- Stream at least twice (2x) per week and / or download two videos per week.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
If you meet these criteria and are selected for the Creator Diversity Program, StreamElements will provide you with the following benefits:
- Monthly workshops and educational sessions with industry experts and staff
- A dedicated StreamElements Creator success manager and access to a VIP Discord server
- $ 1,500 USD in Amazon gift cards to purchase content creation hardware (peripherals, hardware, software, etc.)
- Up to $ 2,500 paid to third-party artists chosen by recipient’s creator for channel graphics (alerts, overlays, emoticons, etc.)
- Up to $ 1,000 paid to the third party (s) chosen by the recipient’s creator for professional services (video editing, shooting, etc.)
- To help recipients upgrade their configurations, Razer will provide streaming webcam and microphone from their elite suite of streaming products.
StreamElements has found itself in a privileged position to increase its offerings in the second annual Creator Diversity Program. Over the past year, the program has helped a wide range of people pursue their current and creative ideals. After recent $ 100 million in funding, StreamElements is poised to help another class more than ever with CDP 2021.
The deadline for applications is October 22, 2021 and recipients will be notified by November 10. For more details, rules and eligibility, be sure to check out the Creative Diversity Webpage on the StreamElements site.